Decorative aspect of nickel and chrome plating
- Applying a layer of nickel onto steel, copper (and its alloys)
- Purposes: protective, functional and protective-decorative functions
- Applications: automotive industry (bumpers, pipes, rimes), household goods, plumbing fixtures and many others
- Advantages: the layers of nickel guarantee a bright, smooth and decorative surface.
- Outstanding properties of nickel, such as corrosion protection, hardness and wear resistance increase the value of the product.
Nickel and chrome plating are widely used in number of industries
- A thin layer of chromium (0.6-1.3 µm) is applied over previously applied layer of bright nickel.
- Purposes: protective and decorative
- Advantages: increased durability of the material, high aesthetics guaranteed for many years and attrition and scratch protection of the surface.